Another First Day!

Tuesday we had another big day at our house! Ben started Kindergarten and Bekah started preschool! Our church runs a nursery school for ages 2-5. We had enrolled Ben in one of the 4s classes to finish up last year. He loved it, we loved it, it's just great!!! Plus, having David at church during the day helps with transportation.

Ben is enrolled in the 5s program. He goes 4 days a week. When he gets home we do lunch and then do our own schoolwork. We opted to keep him out of a traditional K class so that we can focus more on his speech therapy. This seems to be a good combination. We feel the program at the nursery school and then what we do at home will compliment each other, at least that's the idea! He LOVES it, of course! There are 4 kids from his class last year also with him this year so that's been great. I love watching him grow and mature. Also, as we've been working together at home I'm realizing that teaching him will be WAY different than it was with Cora! Here are his 1st day of school pictures!

1st day of Kindergarten! Favorite food: PEANUT BUTTER & HONEY SANDWICH; Favorite colors: RED & BLUE; When he grows up he wants to be a BUILDER!






Rebekah started preschool, in the 3s room! And, she LOVES it! When I picked her up on Tues she looks up at me and says, "Mommy! I had sooooo mutch fun!" We're still working on getting her totally potty trained, I'll be glad when that's done, but! Her teacher is really good about it and helpful. I can't wait to see how preschool helps Bekah grow and mature. We waited for Cora and Ben to start preschool when they were 4, but Bekah was definitely ready now! She's such a hoot and her teacher says she's doing a fantastic job and making friends with 3 of the little girl especially. She goes 2 days a week, and right now, I believe that will be good for her. Here are her pictures!

1st Day of Preschool!!! Favorite color: RED; Favorite food: CEREAL; She wants to be GOD when she grows up. Yep, that's right. I told her there's already a God, and there's only 1 so she needed to pick something else. Ben suggested a ballerina, and Bekah was pleased with that. This girl...





All the kids together! They're a crazy bunch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!




Comments

  1. I love that you are writing again!!!! This was great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! I miss my nieces & nephew! And I love hearing all their favorites. - Aunt Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends