To Be Thankful: My Husband

Today I'm going to give a shout-out to my husband. I am thankful for him. We have been through a lot (haven't we all?). Our marriage hasn't always been sunshine and roses (is anybody's?). We've had our fair share of fights, disagreements and arguments (yes, I think those are all different). But, we're still together. It's been over 10 years of married life together. I have not always been a peach to live with or do life with. I can be cutting in my words, lazy, selfish and just not nice. I haven't always put his needs before mine, and there have been times I've just not wanted to put the sometimes HARD work into it.

I'm thankful for David for not giving up on me. Through all 3 of my pregnancies I was a mess physically. He took up the slack and not only did his job but did mine as well. He goes to work, works hard and provides for our physical needs as a family. He prays for us, for our children, for our family, for our future. He leads us spiritually and does not give up.

Recently, with my health not being what I should be, he has once again had to take on more than he should. He has not complained, he has not made me feel useless. He has done it quietly and patiently. I love him. I'm thankful for him. I'm so glad the Lord brought us together. I'm thankful for my husband, this man who I get to do life.


Comments

  1. I can relate to so much of what you wrote! I'm thankful for my hubby too and thankful for Mom & Dad's example to us. Love you guys! - Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!