Who are We?

I want to introduce you to myself and my family! We're a crazy bunch of people, who love each other fiercely.

The couple who started it all: My husband, David, and I, have been married 9 years (just celebrated in Jan!). We met online, back when it was just becoming acceptable to do so and life has been an adventure ever since! We live in Ohio, and he is a pastor of a small urban church. This is our 2nd church, and we've been here now almost 4 1/2 years! We love to go out to eat (ok, we go out to eat TOO much!), but we especially love to try new places that are ethnic, or off the beaten path. Basically, if it's not a chain restaurant we're interested! We especially love middle eastern food, specifically from Turkey! My husband grew up in WV, born and raised, and has just recently graduated with his Doctorate of Ministry!!! I grew up as a missionary kid in the savannas and jungles of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Africa (was called Zaire when I was growing up). I'm sure you'll hear more about that later!


Baby #1: Our first daughter is Cora Ann. She will be 6 years old the end of March and I can. not. believe. she. is. 6. How did this happen????? Wasn't it like a year ago I was pregnant with her? In any case, Cora is our first born and is the first born child in all aspects of the title! She's my mini-mom, the bossy one (for good or bad), organized and likes things just so. These can all be good AND bad things! She is also very tender-hearted, laughs easily, prefers to assess the situation first, and has given her heart and life to Jesus! We have been doing kindergarten with her at home and we see every day just how smart she is. She loves Hello Kitty, "Frozen" (what little girl doesn't?), and her current absolute fav is anything My Little Pony, specifically Rainbow Dash! Can you guess what the theme of her party will be? I love my oldest daughter. I love seeing the girl/lady/woman God is forming her to be. And, one could get seriously lost in her eyes!


Baby #2: Our second born is our son, Benjamin Monroe. He will be 4 in June and again, how did this happen???? People always say time will fly, and well, it does. Ben is our ham, our family clown, our jokester. He LOVES making people laugh and LOVES to put on a show to make you smile. He is full of life and deep thoughts. He has lots to say and is learning how to get those words from his mind to his mouth. Yep, Ben's in speech therapy and has been doing a fantastic job! Last year at this time he had about 5 words that we could barely understand. Now he's talking in sentences that we can most definitely understand! We are so thankful for the wonderful therapist the Lord sent us to. Ben is my grandfather made over, and shares his middle name, too. His blond hair and blue eyes are so much like his namesake. He is such a sweetheart and loves his sisters so very much. He is a typical middle child, I suppose, and I can't imagine our family without him!


Baby #3: Our third and youngest is Rebekah Lynn. She will be 2 in June (yes, her birthday is 2 days before Ben's). Oh, Rebekah. She is our most adventurous, no-fear, all-or-nothing child. You never have to guess what she's thinking. She is a spit-fire and so full of life! And, even with all of that she is our most cuddly child and is often a quiet observer. She loves her brother and sister to pieces and does very well keeping up with them. She has, so far, been our earliest to do everything, and I can't help but think it's because she doesn't want to be left behind! She definitely keeps us on our toes. I know for sure the Lord has given her all of this passion, and I can't wait to see how she's going to use it for his glory.


And, not to be left out, we also have Molly, the wonder dog! She is our first "baby," and has been around the longest! She is 9 and showing her age. She's a beautiful beagle, wonderful with kids and so patient. She puts up with a lot...we love her for sure! Oh, and this is how we find her much of the time!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!