To Be Thankful: Friends

Friends. They come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. I can look back on my life and see the different key friends the Lord has blessed me with over the years. Being a missionary kid one tends to move a lot. And, if you don't move chances are the people around you are moving. You can become best friends with someone and after 2 years her family moves and doesn't come back. I learned early in life to make friends quickly, and not to waste time with surface, fluff stuff, but to get to the heart of a person quickly. I learned you just never know how long you have with a person before they go.

As an adult, I'm finding that not everyone sees life this way. I'm learning not everyone wants to share their heart of hearts with you right away. And, that's OK! I'm seeing it's one of the quirks left over from being an MK.

During my childhood my mom always prayed for my sister and I to have a good friend when we would move to a new place. The Lord always answered those prayers, and I love being able to look back and know without doubt that certain friends were God's answers to my mom's prayers. I'm thankful to my mom for taking the time and knowing the importance of praying for something that might seem small.

When we knew our life was about to change, and we were going to be moving I started right then to pray for good friends for the kids, David and myself. Six months into our new home and I would say God is answering those prayers. I can see who God has lined up for most of us as our answer to prayer for a good friend.

Thank you, Lord for the many wonderful friends you've blessed me with over the years. I keep in touch with many of them and am thankful for the ability to do so. You never fail and I thank you for always having someone special when I go somewhere new. 

Don't forget to thank the Lord for the friends he's blessed you with over the years!

Comments

  1. I obviously relate to this one! Thankful for our praying Mom too! And, in glad you all are finding friendships. That aspect of moving is harder as an adult, I think. - Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thankful to the Lord for good friends. Not sure we all have the same "friend" experiences. Many through high school or college moved on, a lot of surface friendships because many don't want to pour out their hearts. Good read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

Another First Day!