Birthday Girl!

Our Cora Ann is 6 today! I keep trying to bring up some memory of my 6th birthday, and I am failing! I know we were in Africa, and so having a birthday in January is GREAT! You're guaranteed a nice, hot birthday!!! But, I don't have any other memory. I'll have to ask my mom...I digress...

We have a lot of stuff going on this weekend that is all birthday-related. I have already taken her to see her first movie, in a movie theater, "Cinderella." She LOVED it and was in such awe of the whole experience! Today she'll be having a "My Little Pony," specifically Rainbow Dash party with her friends & cousins (who are also very much her friends!)--I'll do a post on that next week--and then Saturday we're having cupcakes with her grandparents, aunts/uncles and cousins! It'll be a great weekend with lots of celebrating. Also on Saturday Cora will get to help celebrate her cousin's 5th birthday! They are exactly 1 year and 1 day apart! My sister has something fun planned for them to do on Saturday.

As I think about my oldest child, I am in awe. She is so very much like me in so many ways. We're both the oldest, we're both organized, like things done a certain way, clumsy (she totally gets it honestly!)...And yet, she is her own person. She has one of the biggest and most tender hearts I've ever seen. She is very sensitive to the needs of those around her. Sure, she fights with her brother and sister like anyone does, but she is the first to come tell me when something is wrong, or that one of them is sad. She is very aware of those around her even if they're not family. I love this about her.

She loves to have fun! She has a GREAT laugh, a beautiful smile and loves to be around people. At the same time, it's not uncommon for us to find her by herself de-compressing. She loves her family, cousins and friends so very much and just wants to be around them.

She is so very smart. She LOVES math and is almost done with 1st grade math (even though she's only in Kindergarten). She HATES handwriting. I figure because it's not challenging to her. We have our struggles during the school day, but she manages to get stuff done. I love watching her as she learns and grows academically. She has said, since she was about 2, that she wants to be a doctor and a mommy! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her.

As we celebrate Cora today, I am overwhelmed with love for her. I can't believe the Lord blessed us with such a wonderful oldest daughter. And, I am so thankful that she has given her heart to the Lord this past year. I am so excited to see what her 6th year of life will be like for her.

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY, CORA ANN!!!! We love you so very much!!!!! Have fun today!

This is Cora the day or 2 after we brought her home from the hospital. This is probably one of my favorite photos of and with her. She was our tiniest baby, and I fell so deeply in love with her right away!

And, here she is now! My beautiful girl with thick, brown hair, hazel eyes and a smile a mile wide! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!