Camp

It seems there are a few magical ages for a child. I always thought 5 was pretty big, because it seems most programs, sports and otherwise, don't let kids participate until they're 5. And, it would seem being 7 is pretty great too! Not only is Cora in 2nd grade, but she got to participate in church camp this summer! The church we attend owns/operates its own camp. It's a beautiful place that was built with the blood, sweat and tears of the people in this church. There is a lot of love and pride in this place and rightly so.

The camp hosts an overnight camp for campers ages 5-7 and their parents. Cora and I made our way through the foothills of the Poconos and landed in a beautiful spot on earth. For the next 24 hours the kids are introduced to what camp life is like. We played games, sang songs, did crafts, ate in the dining hall, did a slip-n-slide, saw horses, and did the zip-line. The counselors did everything, and the parents were there more for moral support for the kids than anything else.

Cora and I had so much fun! It was a great time for just us to be together (something that rarely happens...). It was precious for me to watch her explore and figure out what her limits are, what was she comfortable doing on her own and what did she still need me. We had a fantastic time. I forced encouraged her to try the zip-line, and she did it and LOVED it! I can't wait for the other 2 kids to experience camp, and Cora will get to go for a longer amount of time next summer without a parent!



It was very foggy and rainy while we were there. Still beautiful!




She's watching her friends do the zip-line and contemplating if she should be too...


All ready to go!

The counselor had to give her a push off, but she did it and had so much fun!


The ENTIRE time we were there she kept asking, "Will I get a camp shirt? I really want a camp shirt. I hope I get a camp shirt." Praise Jesus all the kids were given a shirt! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!