Monday's Meals

I'm trying to bring more order to my blog in attempts to help me remember the things I enjoy writing about, to help me come up with ideas each day and well, I'm a textbook Type A person and it just seems the thing to do. Mondays I hope to use to post some of our favorite meals, recipes, etc. Most of what I post will be GRAIN FREE, GLUTEN FREE, and PALEO. I have a lot of dietary allergies and sensitivities, so as a family we tend to eat differently than most. I'm not going to go into my story again about why we eat this way. Nor do I think it's for everyone. In fact, in our family of 5 I'm the strictest because I NEED to be, but David and the kids are way more flexible. Also, please know we don't eat this way because we want to be part of a fad. We are about as far from "fad-followers" as you can get! HA! This is what we know is best for MY body and digestive track, and we find it's helpful for the rest of the family too. ANYWAY! All that to say, you may just find something you want to try! I'll even post recipe/meal failures, because, let's be honest, I'm not perfect, and my family doesn't like everything that is set before them! Oh, and I will try to have photos, but honestly, I don't usually remember until we've eaten...and then the subject is, well, gone.

Now that the housekeeping is out of the way, I thought I would share one of our most favorite chicken dishes! It's EASY and so YUMMY, and you probably have the ingredients in your cupboard/fridge right now! I can't remember the original name of the recipe, but I got it from the cookbook Practical Paleo. We eat this regularly.

Sage and Mustard Chicken Thighs

6-8 chicken thighs (skin on or off, whatever your preference)
mustard (we've used spicy, regular and whole-grain. We find regular ol' yellow mustard is best)
ground sage (in spice aisle, with regular spices)
salt
pepper

--Put salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken thighs
--Mix about 1/4 cup of mustard and a bunch of sage, probably about 1/2-1 Tbsp
--Smear the mustard/sage mixture on the thighs. I coat them well on both sides.
--Bake in a 350* oven for 30 min.

Sides:
We often have either a green salad, or sauteed veggies with this meal. I'll also do up some fruit or applesauce for the kids. We've also done potatoes.

We've used all cuts of chicken for this. Thighs are from the original recipe. And, we have grilled these too, which is deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

Enjoy! And, as one of my favorite chefs would say, "Bon Appetit!" --Julia Childs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!