Vacation, Part 1

Last week we were on VACATION!!!!!!!! It was grand. It was relaxing. It was fun. It was just, sigh...just what we, as a family, needed. My MIL and her husband paid for a house for us, them and my husband's step sister and husband to all go for the week. We were on one of the Great Lakes and about 70 steps from the water. It was so, so, so, so wonderful! It's the longest David and I have ever been on vacation, and we were a bit nervous with the kids, but it turned out great. Bekah had 1 bad night of staying up until almost 4 a.m., but other then that it was so nice. I have so many photos to share that I don't want to overload you in 1 post. So, I'm going to do a few posts and get them all (well, a lot) in that way! Today's post will be of the kids' first look at the beach and water! We arrived at the house about 3 in the afternoon on Sunday so we weren't sure if they'd want to swim (it wasn't sunny and was kinda chilly), but then we remembered our kids are water babies and OF COURSE they were going to swim! Everyone got dressed, except me, and headed to the water. I opted to just take pictures. I'm glad I did. It was so much fun to watch the kids. Anyway, here's a look of our first swim in the COLD lake!!

I'm standing in the front door of our house. There was a sidewalk btwn us and the sand!

All geared up and ready to go! 


They obliged their mother and let her take a photo of them before heading to the water. 








I said, "Ben! Show me your rock!" Which...by the way, he named "Worm." 







The sunset the first night!

My MIL and her husband

The front of our house

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!