Chocolate Smoothies

I am always trying to to find yummy, filling, and HEALTHY snacks for the kids. It's a tall order, as any mom can attest to. I mean, for like 1000 days they only want pretzels so you stock up and suddenly they don't want pretzels anymore. My kids like smoothies, but let's face it, making fruit and green smoothies gets costly. Especially when they want fruit for breakfast, lunch and supper! So, for something fun I decided to make them a chocolate "milkshake," which they excitedly said, "CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIES!!!!!" And, I think that's a much better description. They are easy to make and with the exception of the chia seeds and hemp seeds you more than likely have all the ingredients in the kitchen already. The chia and hemp seeds aren't hard to find either. I add them to add protein, omega-3s, fiber, and a lot of other healthy factors. My kids aren't dumb and if I were to hand them some chia or hemp seeds to just munch on they would quickly turn up their noses to that! So, I sneak them into things like smoothies. Anyway! Here's how we make our chocolate smoothies!

CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIES:
(this will make 3-4 smoothies that are about 12 oz each)
8-10 cubes of ice (add more to make thicker)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 sugar
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 cup (give or take, depending on how thick you want) of almond milk (or milk of choice)

--Put in blender and blend until you have the ice well-crushed!

I have also added bananas to this, which adds sweetness, therefore you don't have to add as much sugar. The other day I added Jason's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter to it!! Uhhh...YUM!!!!! Why have I not done THAT before???

So, as you can see, not hard and very little time needed. But, it's easy, filling and healthy so it's a win, win, win for me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!