Journey of Health

Our family, mostly David and I, are on a journey of health. We've been on this journey for almost 4 years now. You might think, "Gee, you don't seem to be doing a very good job!" That is partly true, but what I'm learning is that health is, indeed, a journey. Our bodies are full of layers and as the top layer heals the one underneath can heal. Over the past 4ish years we have changed the way we eat. I am not able to eat grains of any kind, soy or dairy. As a family we pretty much each all eat the same, with an exception here or there for David and the kids. We HAVE figured out that the less grain, soy and dairy we eat the better we all feel. Cora is getting to the point of being able to read her own body and is getting good at knowing what foods affect her adversely, etc. We have eliminated processed foods from our house, I make everything from scratch. We eat organic eggs, use aluminum-free deodorant and fluoride-free toothpaste. We've also incorporated the use of essential oils. We are on the right path to health. However, there is one, big, glaring thing still missing. Despite all of this David and I still don't seem to be able to lose the weight we NEED to lose. And this brings us to the next path in this journey of health.

I'm not going to get too into all of it yet, but I will say this: we have both been learning a lot about gut health. Did you know that most health issues (including auto-immune diseases) lead back to the health of your gut? It's true. If your gut is not healthy a lot is not happening. For one, your body isn't able to absorb the nutrients it needs. Everything is out of whack. Nothing is working the way it's supposed to. And so, we are in the process of healing our guts

Did you know that when you have a lot of toxins in your body, your body produces fat to protect your insides from those toxins? You exercise, eat a lot less, maybe lose weight. But, because you've done nothing to get rid of those toxins, your smaller body is now more highly concentrated in toxins, which means your body is going to do what it's suppose to do--protect, which means produce more fat. And you rebound. Most of us have done this! We are taking a different approach. Our eating is there. We know how to eat healthfully, and we are making steps to being more active. But, what we're doing differently is ridding our bodies of toxins. We are taking a product that does so. It heals you from the inside, and as a result your body starts to function as it should and because of this you lose weight. However, the hope is that you keep it off this time because the toxins are gone. 

I'll be talking more about this in later blogs. But, if any of this sounds familiar to you, then please let me know. I want to help. I want to join along side of you in your journey to health, no matter where you are in that journey. Our bodies are the temples of God. We need to take care of them. I have truly seen this as an act of worship. I need to get my body healthy and functioning properly so that I can be used better for His glory. 

My prayer is that throughout this whole journey, and especially right now on this particular leg, that God will be glorified and I will finally find victory over my bad health. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!