Making Changes


Change. It's hard. It's uncomfortable. It can be painful. It's rarely fun or looked forward to. Sometimes change is unexpected (like a death), other times it's expected and you have time to prepare (such as a new job). But, what about the changes you KNOW you need to make and you keep putting off? Well, my husband and I have been putting off change for a long time. We are fat. We are overweight. We are miserable. We must change. There's no other way around it. If we want to live a healthier and better life we must lose weight. We can't keep living the way we are. 

A friend of ours introduced us to a weight loss program back before Christmas, I think. July of this year came and my husband said, "If you don't mind, I think I'm going to do it." Mind? Of course not!!!!! I don't mind at all!!!! He ordered his food and began his process of change. He's lost 35 lbs since he started the end of July!! 

On the left is David's before photo. On the right is his now/during photo! 
Why didn't I start with him? Well, we all know about my food allergies and sensitivities. I didn't think I could. But, honestly, I felt stuck. I saw my husband losing pounds of fat, getting more energy and feeling so much better. And, though I was trying to eat along with him as much as I could, it's not the same. I started looking into all of the different foods offered and after looking at all the nutrition labels I was able to come up with 13 foods I can eat. Some of them do have rice flour in them and a few have a bit of corn. However, after David and I talked it over and prayed (a lot!) we decided it'll be worth it. Ultimately, the decision was mine, and I knew I needed to change. I have done a ton of praying, asking the Lord that my body and mind not feel the affects of the foods I don't do too well on. I'm asking a lot from the Lord--the ability to lose weight AND not get sick on the food! But, he's God, so I guess he's the one who can make it happen! 

I'm sick and tired of being fat and tired. I'm tired of not having energy, and I'm tired of hiding behind my weight. And so, Monday was day 1 of my new life. I've been told days 1-4 are the hardest and it's been true so far. I'm on day 3 today and am really looking forward to Friday! But, it's been worth it. Though I'm not eating what I would love to be eating, I know I'm eating healthy food in healthy amounts. And...I'm losing weight!!!!!! Yep. I am! 

I'm going to try to write weekly updates of my progress. The sole purpose being to encourage you and show you it can be done. Is it time for you to change? Take that 1st step. Yep, it's the hardest, but change doesn't come without it. 

My before picture! Taken in July on vacation. I'm ready to change!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!