What is it all about?

I used to blog a lot. My first blog was "The Pondering Pastor's Wife" located here, and then I moved it over to here. I have not been writing for almost a year now. Life got a bit crazy after baby #3 came along and I just needed to take some time to collect my thoughts and decide if this is something I wanted to spend time doing. After almost a year, I have decided that YES! I miss it. In my time off I have wanted this blog to be a bit more focused and not all over the place, or only about our kids. I mean, I love to write about my kids, and their grandparents love to READ about them, but the rest of the world probably doesn't care too much! So, I've been thinking more about what I want in this blog--a place to share my thoughts concerning things that are important to me and may be important to you, too.

I chose the title "One Day" very specifically. In all the craziness that is life I am reminded of the verse in Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." How very true. I often find myself becoming overwhelmed with laundry, the crumbs on the floor, the baby with her poopy diaper, and the other 2 kids bickering, and I just want to scream and wonder "what will tomorrow be like?" I find that often the Lord reminds me I'm not to worry about tomorrow. Just get through today. It's become a huge comfort to me, and so because of this I want to keep my thoughts focused on the Lord and this simple truth: tomorrow may or may not come, and me stressing and worrying about it today will do no good. All God requires of me is to live TODAY. Be the best wife/mom I can be TODAY. Do what I can to serve Him TODAY. There may not be a tomorrow, and I will have wasted energy worrying and stressing.

I will introduce my family to you later so you have some frame of reference as to who we are as a family. I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome your thoughts! Lord willing, we'll all be reading another post tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!