Week One = done!

We started school last week! We started promptly at 8:15 on Monday morning and worked diligently for a few hours with a break at one point. Cora is doing a fantastic job! Every single day last week she said, "Mom? Is there anything else I can do? I want to do more school! Mom! Give me more school work to do! Can't I keep doing school?" Phew! She was wearing me out, however, I appreciate her love of learning. I know it won't always be this way, but I finally gave in, and we are a good week ahead in most of the subjects. Granted, math, for example, is all review so she's zipping right through that.

I love this about homeschooling: you can go at your own pace. If your child is grasping something there's no need to spend days/weeks on it, you can simply move on! I love it. We don't have to wait for 28 other kids to get the concept. We can just move on. And, if there's something we want, or need, to spend extra time on, well, we can!

Ben and Bekah are adjusting to the newness of Cora and Mommy spending most of the morning together. Ben is happily coloring and writing his own letters, filling out some preschool workbooks I have, etc. Bekah? Weeeeeeelllll...it's a bit of a harder adjustment. Sigh...She has, so far, spent pretty much the whole morning, every morning, on my lap, alternating between crying and pushing Cora away to happily following along, or coloring. On TH I finally remembered I had bought some dry lentils for her to play with, and she and Ben were quite content making a mess playing with the lentils. It kept them entertained the entire morning and wasn't too hard to sweep up.

I'm looking forward to this year. I feel as though we have a really great curriculum. We have a much better schedule planned for our days (I'll do a blog on that later), and I feel way more prepared/organized, etc. I have been spending a lot of time praying that our days will be good and productive. I know we will have bad days, but my prayer is that those are the exception and NOT the rule. I know the day will live or die according to my attitude and demeanor. It's interesting how the kids pick up on my moods...

Anywho! Here are some photos from our first day together! It was a great day, a great week, and I'm encouraged about this year. Yeah for first grade!

Favorite color: red; favorite food: pizza; she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. And, she picked out her 1st-day-of-school outfit all on her own! I can't believe she's in 1st grade...

Working quite diligently

I love her tongue

Little Brother who is most excited to be doing school with Sissie! 

Little Sister, who is NOT excited that Big Sissie is doing school! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!