My Mom

I was remiss in having this post done last week when it was my mom's birthday. I don't want to forget to do that this week! I thought I'd try to be a little creative (and I mean "a little" because, really, my sister is the one good at this sort of thing!) in this post! Here's what "Carol Ann" means to me!

C is for CHRISTIAN. My mom lives her life for Jesus, and I doubt you can spend any time with her
    and not know Who her heart and life belongs!
A is for ADVENTUROUS! Did you know my mom (and dad!) took my sister and I to deep, dark
    Africa when I was 4 and my sister just under 2? Yep! Doesn't get more adventurous then that!
R is for REBELLIOUS!  That's right. Even though my mom is one of the biggest rule followers there
    is, she can be a rebel without a cause, and we've often teased her for this! She has a bit of her dad
    in her!
O is for OBEYING. One of the things my mom has always told us is to trust and OBEY. Yes, just
    like the hymn, "Trust and Obey," which I believe is one of her favorites! She has taught us to
    always obey the Lord and trust him. No matter what.
L is for LAUGHTER. My mom laughs at life easily. Our home was always filled with laughter and it
   has never been hard to get my mom into a fit of giggles! Oh the stories...

A is for being AGAINST those who harm children in any way! My mom is one of the biggest
    advocates for children and really anyone who is being mistreated. She taught us to value life and
    to do as the Lord told us to do--treat others as we would like to be treated.
N is for NEVER losing faith. My mom is strong in her faith in God, and I'm not sure I've ever seen
    that faith waver even when people wouldn't blame her.
N is for always being NEAR. I have not always lived with my parents but my mom has always been
    "near" and there for me. Always. She's always been a phone call, letter, or email a way. It's a
    wonderful feeling knowing your mom is always NEAR for you!

I love you so much Mom! I'm thankful for you and am so glad God chose to have you be my mom!

My sister, Ruthie, our mom and me at Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!