Kielbasa and Potato Hash

In our family we eat a bit differently then a lot of people. I can't eat grain, soy or dairy, at all, and my husband and kids are, at the very least, gluten and dairy free. We don't eat a lot of grain in our house, and I have had to become more creative. I mean, even the ingredients I put into our meals have to be void of any kind of grain (like cornstarch, corn syrup, soy anything, etc). You'd be amazed the things that are hidden in common foods. We do a lot of shopping at Costco and have found some really great foods that are safe for me (us) to eat! One of those things is a really yummy kielbasa. You might be saying, "well, duh,"  but trust me, processed meat is REALLY hard to find w/out a bunch of additives in it! One day I'll do a post on the different things our family eats that are "clean" and without a bunch of added junk. It can get boring just grilling up kielbasa and eating it so I came up with this. I'm sure it's not overly original, but it's a great way to get a lot of veggies into everyone, potatoes, and meat. It's a one-dish meal, so to speak!

Kielbasa and Potato Hash

4-5 links of Kielbasa (however many you need for the size of your crowd!)
2-3 potatoes
chopped onion
chopped peppers (green, hot peppers, whatever you have or like!)
chopped carrots
really, any kind of veggie you think would be good and your family will eat!

1. Slice the kielbasa into 1/2 in slices, and let them cook a little in a skillet.
2. Chop up potatoes and boil until just soft. But, you don't have to, I just find doing this speeds up the cooking process in the skillet! It's totally up to you!
3.  Chop all of your veggies and sauté in the skillet with some coconut oil, butter, olive oil, whatever you like! If you haven't boiled the potatoes, then get them sautéing first until they're soft, then add in the other veggies.
4. Once veggies are cooked how you like, add the meat and get it all stirred up together.
5. The only thing I add is salt and pepper to the veggies because the kielbasa is pretty flavorful. Again, do as you like for your family!

I serve this in the skillet directly to the table! No fanciness here! My kids will eat this, it makes a lot so there's always leftovers (YEAH!) and well, it's a crowd-pleaser! That's success in my book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!