The Winds of Change

I have been absent for a reason. We've had a lot going on. I've been afraid that if I blogged I would spill the beans and I couldn't do that until now. We have BIG news in our family!!!! We are moving!!!!!

This is something that has been "brewing" now for a little over a year. We felt God was telling us it was time to move from our current ministry, but we had no idea when, or where, or doing what. And so, we waited. David was bombarded with requests from churches if he'd be interested in learning more about them. The process was long, there were MANY ups and downs. There has been a lot of uncertainty. We've been on our knees a LOT as we sought the Lord in what he wanted us to do.

In the late summer/early fall David met with a church in Pennsylvania. We prayed and prayed some more. The more David talked with them and the few times we met with them in person the more we felt the Lord saying, "this is the place I have for you." Last weekend we were at the church for the candidating, doing lots of meetings, and David preached. At the end of both services the members of the church voted. It was an overwhelming "yes!" and we were so excited!

Yesterday we had the task of telling our current church the we are leaving. It was a very hard morning. During our closing hymn David and I started crying, at the same moment. I think it all caught up with us. Through tears David read his resignation letter and I sat in my chair in quiet support.

We'll be closing down our ministry here the next 4 weeks, with the last Sunday being February 14. We then plan to move February 22. We have a lot to do, not the least of which is selling our current home!!!! We would love your prayers as we navigate this huge move. We've not moved with 3 kids before! We know this is God's plan for our lives and are so excited to see what he has for us in PA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!