Weight Loss and Birthing a Baby?

I'm a word-picture person. I always loved object lessons growing up, and I still tend to think of other ways to explain what I'm going through or a lesson I'm teaching/learning. I've mentioned before (a while ago!!) that David and I have embarked on a new diet plan. We have reached the point in our lives where we are sick and tired of being sick, tired and FAT! We knew we had to change. David has lost over 50 lbs since July, and I have lost almost 20 since Sept. The thing about it is I should be a lot less now. But, I have cheated,  haven't stuck to the plan, I've allowed the stresses of life to give me excuse that it's OK to eat whatever. It's not. It is NOT OK to eat whatever you want, especially if you're trying to change your life and the bad habits you've created.

This got me thinking the other day. Changing the way I eat is a lot like pushing a baby out. Now, hear me out! I know you probably think I'm crazy right now, but I do have method to this madness! When it's time to push a baby out you just have to keep going. You can't stop. It's probably the hardest part of having a baby. By the time you push you're exhausted and just want the kid OUT! You'd think this would be motivation enough. However, at least for myself, with every single one of my 3 children, I told myself, "oh, I can't keep doing this. I'll just stop and be pregnant forever." But, that's not possible, is it? You can't be pregnant forever. If you were the baby would die. You would have massive complications. That baby is meant to be OUT after a certain amount of time. You can't push it part of the way out and then be OK with it. The goal to be reached is to have the baby. The reward for all of your hard work is holding your baby in your arms.

The same is true with changing any bad habit in life. For me it's food. Eating crap has lead me to being about 60-70 lbs overweight. What I did was I lost 15 lbs and then decided, "oh, that's good. I don't need to keep trying as hard. I can stop what I was doing and have the same reward (a skinny body)." But, ya know what? It doesn't work that way. My body went right back to holding onto weight. My ability to talk myself away from bad food went away. I have to keep pushing and working HARD to get to my end goal, which is a skinnier and healthier me.

Ok, so now maybe my word picture doesn't make as much sense now that it's here in black and white.  The point is, keep working. Anything worth having is going to take WORK. It's going to probably include tears, sweat, and who knows what else!

Do you feel stuck in the body you have now? Are you wishing you could change? Please let me help you. I'm not perfect. I've stumbled many times. However, what David and I are doing WORKS. And, I would love to pass on what I'm learning so you can have freedom from being fat. Make your health a priority!!!! It's so important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!