Getting Away

Do you ever reach a point in life where you feel like you're going to explode if you don't get away right now?? Our life, probably like yours, has been crazy-busy lately. There's been a lot of stuff going on at church, with our kids, just life in general. It's pointless to write it all out because it'll just overwhelm me again and I'd probably forget something! In any case, we needed to get away. David's birthday was the beginning of this month and so I figured that was the perfect "excuse" to get away. I planned a little mini-vacation for us, told David to find someone to preach for him on Sunday, and away we went, returning yesterday.

We dropped the dog off at my parent's house, then the kids off at my mother-in-law's. Once they were settled, David and I got in the car, went out for lunch and went on our merry way on our little vacation. I booked 2 nights in a nice hotel that had suites. My husband is an avid Cincinnati Red's fan so we, of course, went to a game! The weather was perfect, and the Red's won--always a bonus!!

We had a great time being away, just the 2 of us. We had time to talk, discuss, pray together, all without interruption. Sometimes you just need that, ya know? We love our children dearly, but I think anyone would say that getting away for a night or 2 from the kids is a good idea. It's a great way to reconnect. Oh, and we were able to sleep all night and slept in past 6:00 am!

After our time in Cincinnati, we went back to my MIL's house and spent 2 more days there. We were able to see some good friends who have just adopted a precious little girl from China. It was such a blessing to meet her and show her love and welcome her! God has great things planned for this little girl! Before we headed home on Monday, we stopped at my sister's house (she lives in the same city as my MIL) so the cousins could play, and the adults could visit. My sister fed us a delicious lunch and with full bellies and tired eyes we drove home.

I'm so thankful for my parents and in-laws for how they graciously help us out for things like this. We had a wonderful time, and I do believe our hearts are full. We are truly blessed.

Thankful for camera timers! We spent a couple hours at a cemetery and arboretum. It was quiet and relaxing to walk around and enjoy the Lord's beautiful creation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who are We?

To Be Thankful: Friends

Another First Day!